Sun, Jun 18|
Community Cleanup events provide an opportunity for Calgarians to dispose of items that do not fit in their waste and recycling carts.
Time & Location
Jun 18, 9:00 a.m. – Jun 19, 2:00 p.m.
Calgary, 1140 8 St SE, Calgary, AB T2G 2Z7, Canada
About the event
It’s time for the annual cleaning! On Sunday, June 18th we will have three City of Calgary garbage trucks available (for regular waste) to be filled while we clean up the community. There will be no trucks for organics. There will be a BBQ lunch and refreshments available for volunteers.
The trucks will arrive at 9:00 am and will leave at 2:00 pm sharp. Our agreement with the city obliges us to turn people away at 2:00 pm. So, make sure to come early.
- Disposal for regular waste
- Electronics & metal recycling (no single use batteries accepted)
- Free/Swap Table
- Charitable donations to the WINS (Women in Need Society)
- Pick-up service- Contact organizer (contact info below) and please provide: address; cell number; load contents (photo is helpful); and time for pick-up on day of event.
The following items MAY NOT be brought to the cleanup site:
- Car Batteries
- Household chemicals
- Home appliances
- Propane tanks
- Railroad Ties
Date & Time: Sunday June 18, 2022; 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
Location: Calgary Bridge Centre located at 1140 – 8 Street S.E.
Event is Sponsored by the City of Calgary Waste and Recycling Services and The Ramsay Community Association.
Volunteer at the Community Cleanup
We are looking for volunteers. Please contact David for further information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Free store volunteer: Assist with swap and sell for donations
- Lunch assistants: Assists Wade with the lunch sandwiches, plating and cash.
- Traffic Volunteers: Helps coordinate flow of traffic- where to drop-off
- Pick up Volunteers: Assist with loading and unloading pick up materials
- Compactor/recycling volunteers: Assist with loading and unloading pick up materials
- Community Memberships/Volunteering: Provide Information for new volunteers
Contact David (email@example.com) for more information.